Thursday, June 01, 2006

Change of plans...

I had planned on making the trip over to Hartwell Georgia and doing that two day ride but I didn't get word from my friend that he wouldn't be going until it was too late to reserve a spot at the local State campground. So I called up Mike instead and arranged to go to Jackson Tennessee for a Century. There were some good low traffic roads above and east of Jackson that made for a good ride. We went out that morning with another rider and did 65 of the 100 miles. We covered some hilly areas for the locality but not as hilly as around home. Then we ate at a local buffet and rested before saddling up and riding a 36 mile finisher. The temperatures that day wound up in the mid 90's which sapped some strength. By the end of the ride, we were both feeling the miles. That made for the 4th century for me this year. I had another century in my sights but stormy weather sent me back to the campground with only metric century mileage. I will be traveling to Wayne County Tennessee for another metric next week. That along with some nice camping spots. Mike says he will be coming down to ride this one. He also said that the 70 mile longest ride is a tough one because of the climbing. We will see!