Friday, May 19, 2006

Chalaka Challenge Race Weekend

I am finally seeing some of these details coming together. I finally got a permit of sorts from the Sheriff. I heard back from the DOT. I even have some prizes donated. George from USA cycling has oked our application. John or someone will be coming to inspect it and hopefully approve it. This has been a lot of anguish and work. Now it finally will pay off. Just a few more details left to organize before it happens. That is what the meeting Monday should iron out. At least I hope it will. Agenda items will include concessions, more prems, donations, volunteers, paperwork, and details. I am sure there are lots of things I haven't thought of yet. I need to make sure Travis is bringing the other things we need. We need to assign duties if possible.

I have had a few low times in the pursuit of approval for this race. I don't know yet if it will be a success or not. I hope we will have enough volunteers to marshal the route. Enough people to do the registration table. And hopefully some interest from the city in the form of spectators.

I will also go over the web site at Active.com for further comments and corrections. All that and we have about 1 month to go. It seems like a long time, but it isn't