Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rolling Plains Bike Ride/Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

For those of you looking for an Organized ride on a Sunday check out this in Auburn on October 22nd.

Mary Emily Farnsworth writes:

…I was wondering if you or if you know of people who would be interested in participating in the Rolling Plains Bike Ride in Auburn.

The ride is put on by my sorority, ADPi, and all of the benefits from the race go to the Ronald McDonald House. There are three different rides: the metric century, the half-metric century, and the 12-mile collegiate. Each costs different amounts! The ride is on October 22nd, here in Auburn! Please don't feel obligated to participate in this, I just want to let as many people know about it as I can! The link to register and get more information about it is:

http://active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1308115. If you or anyone you know registers please ask them to put my name down, we are each required to have a certain number of riders! Thank you so much!

-Mary Emily Farnsworth

Laura Dix wrote to tell me about the 5K Race for the Cure.

Please let everyone know, I am going to walk (slow and steady) Saturday in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I have a couple of friends that are going to run the 5K and my son and daughter plan to walk with me. I would love to have other walkers/runners come join us. Check out http://www.komenalabama.org/.

FYI